Ideal for my husband to listen to tv without annoying me with the volume really high .
Excellent quality, excellent performance but you need to be sure and buy the correct batteries. Standard aaa will work fine but they will not recharge in the unit, you must buy short sleeve versions. These have a section of bare metal showing between the label and the negative end of the battery. Philips recommend: philips short sleeve sbchb700s – 700 mah aaa nimh rechargeable batteries, and you can buy these from amazon. If you use regular aaa batteries you’ll need a separate battery charger, which is fine but it gives you an extra, and unnecessary, cost and procedure.
These headphones are the most comfortable i have ever had- even if worn for long periods of time. The sound quality is excellent. Here are the specifications for the Philips SHC5100/10 Wireless HiFi Headphones 32 mm drivers SELBSTR Egulierender Clip):
- Make sure this fits
by entering your model number.
- Enjoy a balanced sound performance with the HiFi headphone’s 32-mm driver. The wireless HiFi headphones deliver distortion-free sound regardless of the input source
- Thanks to the wireless transmission, you have full freedom of movement. Listen to your music with the closed-back HiFi headphones even in another room thanks to the wireless transmission
- Enjoy up to 14 hours of music with the Philips HiFi headphones. The built-in rechargeable batteries make it easy to recharge when not in use
- The self-adjusting headband of the wireless HiFi headphones adapts perfectly to your head. The lightweight design provides long wearing comfort
- Included in delivery: Philips HiFi headphones SHC5200/10 wireless HiFi headphones (great sound, wireless, rechargeable, self-adjusting headband, lightweight design) black; audio cable, power adapter
Not as good quality sound as expected.
We have had a very similar product before from phillips, but there is an annoying background whine that spoils listening pleasure.
Reviews from purchasers :
- Good Quality SHC5200 Home Cinema Wireless Headphones
- If I could give more than five stars I would
- Easy to set up and use and provide gr at quality sound.
Fantastic headphones bought to replace same product bought 15 years ago that have given me trouble free listening. If it’s basic headphones you’re after these are the ones. Sound quality excellent and batteries have never let me down,at least six hours no problem.
These headphones arrived well on time to the date that was stated and well packaged. I am very pleased with the sound and ease of setting up.
Bought for my 72 year old mother who is very pleased with them. My 23 year old son is also very pleased with them and the performance they give so they must be good. They give great sound quality when using with radio or tv and were very easy to set up. I would definitely recommend these headphones.
Reviews are talking about interference, simple solution, turn the volume down on the headphones and up on the tv. This stops the background hiss.
This product, really comfortable headphones, was to replace a damaged set of headphones. So here is a hint, do not leave headphones where they can be sat upon .
Bought for hubby and he’s pleased with it. Very well made and good quality.
I already have one and it is excellent. Unfortunately this one was supplied with a 2 pin europe plug instead of a 3 pin uk plug – that was careless and disappointing.
Love these headphones, on my third set in last 15 years or so. They give great reception and are comfortable to wear for extended periods. The current model has an easy charge link cable. I use them to watch tv on a daily basis.
Although the reviews for philips headphones appear to have all been lumped togetherthis review is for the shc5200 home cinema wireless headphones which are ideal formy needs, i use them mostly when watching tv. I have some deafness in one ear due to tinnitus and find that using these headphonesgives me much clearer sound. The power on/off button is on the left phone and the channel indicator and volume buttons are on the right phone. It comes with two aaa rechargeable batteries which fit directly into the left phonebut it will also take ordinary aaa batteries instead. You plug the transmitter into the relevant sockets on your tv with one cable for the mainsand it comes with a british standard three point plug. Also included in the box was an adaptor for two point to three point plug which is notneeded at all for the shc5200 headphones, so that was somewhat puzzling. Comes with an instruction manual. They are comfortable to wear and are working well.